Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Ignition X.

How does it feel? Being able to dance again? Being able to perform again?
It feels GREAT! Can't recall the last time I performed. Can't recall the last time I danced!!
Feeling a little nervous... Only a little, as for now :)

To be honest, I never thought that I would be able to perform again. Thinking to myself, "Yeah, I LOVE to dance. I did it in kindergarten and primary school. Can't wait to perform again!" BUT, I can't dance.
No, not really. I look retarded dancing. Tried learning a few dance by myself, didn't work.
Recorded myself dancing, Re-watched it, AND IT WAS HORRIBLE. THE LEGS, THE FACE, THE BODY PROPORTIONS. SO NO. No matter how much I loved the feeling of dancing on stage, I can't bring myself to perform infront of people after I left primary school. I thought that I would just be a joke to everyone by dancing.

Some of my friends from other dance crews asked me to join them. I would tell them, "Nah, next time la". But until I met my boyfriend, Shaun. When I knew that he dances, I was more attracted to him that I already was. AND HE HAS A DANCE CREW.. *WHAAAA*.. To me, I was like... WOAH, they must be good. AND THEY ARE! They are IGNITION X. A few of the original members are either busy, or they're studying overseas.
This, is how I came in.

Well, you see. IX's leader, Brian, was thinking of doing WOLF by EXO for one of the upcoming performances. They only had 6 members at that time. So Shaun persuaded me to start dancing again, and join them. So yeah. Leader recruited some other dancers that he has danced with before. So we have NGAM NGAM 12 of us. But last minute, WJ couldn't attend & our visual, PY fell sick.
We only had 8 days to learn up everything, and put everything together. 10 dancers, now or never.
Leader Brian was very patient, teaching us step by step.

Now, tomorrow is the day. Performing in Segi College, KD for their Mooncake Festival Celebration. Pray that the routine, dance & formation will go smoothly. IgnitionX, We can do it! :)


After this performance, not sure when will we be seeing each other the next time. Im gonna miss all of you guys. We'll do well tomorrow. I know we can :) <3

No comments :

Post a Comment